During the Second International Conference on Neuroscience and Free Will, we invited some of the conference attendees for an interview, during which we asked them five questions about neuroscience and philosophy of free will.
Below are the five questions, the highlights of the interview, as well as the full version of the interview:
1. What do you see as the biggest promise of the field of neuroscience of free will?
2. What are the greatest challenges that you think this field faces?
3. Please opine on how can an abstract notion like free will be probed experimentally.
4. What are the advantages and challenges in collaborations between neuroscientists and philosophers when studying free will?
5. On this note, do you think we have free will?